One of the Expected output of the Archeo.S. Project is the practical testing of new methodological approaches in the governance of cultural sites, building the Governance Plan that will envisage an innovative arrangement of the strategies with the objectives of preserving, promoting, improving and deploying the potentialities of the cultural heritage sites.
The Governance Plan will be worked out into two phases:
1) Two Round Tables (May 29, 2012 in Bari and September 27, 2012) whereby the representatives of the institutions of the partner regions will exchange their views and attitudes on development through the enhancement of cultural heritage.
2) A Master Course in Europlanning (October 2012 in Bari) with the objective of training European project managers to raise their awareness of culture and creativity as real engines of local development and opportunities for European projects. The training program will focus on the priorities established by the European Commission under the European Agenda in a Globalized World:
- cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue;
- stimulating creativity within the Lisbon Strategy for growth and employment;
- culture as a key element of international relations.
The first Round Table held on Tuesday 29th of May was organized by Teatro Pubblico Pugliese in collaboration with the Regional Directorate of Apulia for Cultural Heritage and Landscape and the Archdiocese of Bari-Bitonto.
During the day, several speakers alternated analyzing the current situation and proposing new methodologies for the elaboration of the governance plan: Sante Levante (Director of the Teatro Pubblico Pugliese); Silvia Patrignani (General Directorate of Management and Promotion of Cultural Heritage - The Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities); Suzana Turku (Deputy Minister of Culture of the Republic of Albania); Baftjar Zeqaj (Mayor of the Municipality of Fier ); Isabella Lapi (Regional Director for the Cultural and Landscape Heritage of Apulia); Paola Di Salvatore (Manager for the Cultural Services Department of Abruzzo Region);Francesco Palumbo (Director Policy Department for the Promotion of the Territory, Knowledge and Talents of Apulia Region); Sandra Ilić (Consultant for International Cooperation, Department of Culture Istria Region - Croatia); Boris Demark (Head of Culture Department, City of Pazin - Croatia); don Valerio Pennasso (Regional Officer for cultural heritage of the Piedmontese Episcopal Conference, a member of the National Committee of IEC for the evaluation of intervention projects in favor of the ecclesiastical cultural heritage); Franco Ungaro (General Director of Theatre Koreja, Lecce); Alfredo Lobello (Responsible for innovative companies “Puglia Sviluppo SpA”); Salvatore Giannino (Coordinator of the UNESCO / PAN Action Plan on Governance for Sustainable Development of Mediterranean Region UNESCO NGO UNITWIN/Chair «Community of Mediterranean Universities» - CMU); Antonia Tzortzatou (Archaeologist, Municipality of Igoumenitsa - Greece); Federica Sacco (National Coordinator of the Campaign "Salvarte" of Legambiente);